Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Warrington, GB, WA3 6YD
Compensation: £35,000-£45,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time Permanent
Job ID: SF40092
The Engineer applies engineering domain knowledge competently to provide technical solutions in the delivery of products and services while developing domain knowledge, experience and leadership skills. At this level; an experienced engineer, is competent in a generalist subject area, resolves specific technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, provides, reviews and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements.
Who we are looking for?
This is the level for a competent, experienced and skilled engineer who understands the concepts and principles in a generalist subject area; designs, develops or contributes to determination of solutions to problems and issues in a generalist subject area. Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving some complexity. Typically, works independently and under occasional supervision, can refer to others or seek guidance for more unusual or complex problems and situations. You must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
What will you be doing?
* Promote effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams
* Assist in effective management of the customer, through interfacing with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications
* Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
* Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately
* Contribute to Product Safety Assessment process
* Provide a technical interface with internal and external stakeholders at a detailed level
The experience you'll bring
* Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
* Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types
* Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks
* Communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
* Chartered Status or actively working toward Chartered Status
* Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
* Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full
* Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
* Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
Use this section to showcase the benefits on offer. List the benefits and perks they will receive e.g.
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 3rd December 2021