Class 1 Driver
£15.60 per hour
Wincanton are recruiting for experienced LGV Class 1 Drivers to join our CO-OP team in Wellingborough.
* Potential earnings of up to £46,135.76 per annum ( depending on start time )
* £32,448 per annum (basic salary)
* £15.60 per hour (basic hourly rate
* 40 hours per week contract
* Shift start times between 0300 - 1500
* 8 - 12 hour shifts
* Overtime available
* Any 5 days out of 7 (rolling 12 week rota)
* Any 4 days out of 7 (working Friday to Monday)
* £17.87 per hour paid between 1800 - 0600
* £17.23 per hour for weekend working between 2200 Friday - 2200 Sunday
* £23.40 per hour overtime rate
* £19.50 per hour weekend + night premium
* Up to £44,465.04 per annum - based on 50 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 starting at 0300
* Up to £43,629.68 per annum - based on 50 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 starting at 0900
* Up to £46,135.76 per annum - based on 50 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 starting at 1500
* Up to £44,111.76 per annum - based on 50 hours per week, 4 days out of 7 starting at 0300
* Up to £43,798.50 per annum - based on 50 hours per week, 4 days out of 7 starting at 0900
* Up to £45,782.48 per annum - based on 50 hours per week, 4 days out of 7 starting at 1500
* Lunar pay (13 pay dates)
* Essential DCPC training
* 30 days paid holiday entitlement
* Access to company pension scheme
* RAC discount
* High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
* For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
Main duties of the role will be delivering mixed temperature products to Co-Op supermarkets and convenience stores. Products will be in cages so cage manoeuvring is required, it is therefore essential that applicants can carry out these duties.
This position will include weekend and bank holiday working as the depot operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, therefore it is essential you are flexible.
* Ownership for the safe and timely delivery of our customers' products
* Securing caged loads and carrying out its transfer from depot to store
* Operation of point of delivery technology, the completion of driver checks and documentation
* Adhering to Driving legislation and professional competence standards
* Undertaking professional development
* Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
* To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
* To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner
To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock
* To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function
* Carrying out deliveries for our contract, whilst following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience & Qualifications:
* MUST hold a valid LGV Class 1 licence
* MUST have a minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience
* MUST not have more than 6 points on your licence
* MUST hold a valid Driver CPC licence
* MUST hold a valid digital tachograph card
* You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable, helpful and organised
* Flexibility and the will to learn new skills and to undertake new challenges
* You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded
* Able to navigate your way around the UK and plan your day accordingly
* Manual handling will be required when lifting and connecting the delivery hose
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.