Manpower is currently recruiting for a Campus Services Assistant to work in Wheatley, Oxfordshire. Your main duties will be to provide exemplary facilities support services throughout a university.
- Lock and unlock any area of the University as required ensuring appropriate levels of security in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Undertake deep cleaning processes including any specialist cleaning for which the role holder has undertaken the necessary training.
- Ensure that refuse is removed and disposed of in a timely way according to University policy and procedures.
- Clear entrances, roadways and pathways of any form of obstruction. Treat roads and walkways in event of snow, ice or any other safety hazard in accordance with agreed policy and procedures and record information electronically as necessary.
- Maintain noticeboards and other communal University areas in accordance with procedures and to the required standard.
- Clean external and internal areas ensuring adherence to standards and policy and procedures.
- Complete standard checks in accordance with planned maintenance tasks and report to the service desk any damage, defects, or cleanliness issues in a timely way.
- Undertake the safe and secure removal, collection and delivery of post, confidential waste, print, furniture and other large items as required including between sites. Set up rooms in the required format ensuring appropriate levels of supplies, cleanliness and tidiness always. Provide an incident response service to ensure teaching rooms are kept free of debris and rubbish throughout the day.
- Respond to any emergency alarm call/ activation as required by University policy and procedures.
- Undertake the required health and safety and other relevant training including first aid, manual handling, and evacuation procedures to ensure full functionality in role.
- Provide cover and/or assistance in the control room/site office in accordance with the control room operating procedures including: the operation of the electronic service desk system monitoring door access answering queries by phone, email and in person
- Assist with parking and other controls as directed.
- Carry out handyman tasks as required and for which the role holder has undertaken the necessary training.
- Carry out daily allocated and planned maintenance tasks as requested through the service desk including auctioning sign off and follow up action through mobile devices.
- Full Driving licence
- Exemplary customer service skills
- IT skills
- Previous experience of working unsupervised and managing own task completion
- Experience of working in a front facing customer environment