Our client, is a public distance Learning & Research University and one of the biggest universities in the UK for undergraduate education.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Senior People Services Advisor to provide vital support to their Faculties. This role is to start asap until 29th April 2022. This role is currently working from home, with one day in the Milton Keynes office and equipment will be supplied.
This role is paying between £17.83ph - £20.65ph, (£34-£39,739pa) dependent on experience, working a 37hr week.
As a Senior People Services Advisor you will be part of a team that will:
- Instil best practice and consistency by providing current ER advice and guidance across the business to all employees, and support managers through complex disciplinary and grievance investigation, capability and performance related cases, hearing and appeals providing HR and Employment Law advice ensuring consistency and fairness.
- This may include reviewing investigation reports and complex letters of communication.
- Attend hearings and appeals when required to provide managers/chair of hearings with procedural support and if applicable secretarial support such as note taking.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all People Services policies and to find resolution to cases.
- Coach managers to upskill and gain confidence in dealing with complex processes.
- Assist HRBP's to support all major employee change programmes and other ad hoc projects when required.
Skills and Experience:
Degree level qualification or equivalent experience and ideally CIPD qualified
Full working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies and procedures
Experience of case management working to tight deadlines, juggling multiple priorities and cases, managing time effectively
Experience of working in a HR environment handling multi-channel communication and coping with high volume in a complex unionised organisation.
If you feel this role is of interest, please apply online or telephone Sophie Holmes or Angela Hoxley on 01908 246715 for more details.