Manpower currently require 2 Distribution Clerks to join a leading shipping organisation at their newly refurbished, multi-million pound site in Hythe, Kent.
The purpose of the Distribution Clerk role is to ensure that all paperwork relevant to distribution of products handled in the business is maintained and information is stored correctly.
Also to serve collecting drivers by way of giving delivery notes or tickets and answering telephones within the office environment.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Managing the movement of freight in and/or out of the warehouse in accordance with organisational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process
- Managing the necessary documentation and forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all distribution activities
- Communicating with customers and suppliers as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities
- Managing and liaising with stock control, warehousing and distribution activities influenced by or reliant upon import activities
- Managing and maintaining all stock control and keep all customers informed of all current stock levels
The ideal candidates will have prior experience within a freight/logistics environment and will have knowledge of moving freight & the relevant documentation and processes.
Salary on offer is £25-28,000 per annum dependent on experience.
1 x day shift 08:00 - 20:00 4 on 4 off
1 x night shift available 20:00 - 08:00 4 on 4 off
Fantastic opportunity to join a brand new company
Fantastic rest facilities & brand new, installed warehouse