Class 2 Driver Lead/ Supervisor
Salary: £40,000 plus OTE
Plus a retention bonus of £1,500.
Location: Opportunities in Harlow, CM19 5TJ
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, Monday - Friday with 8-10 hour shift patterns
We have immediate opportunities available now for Class 2, lead drivers to work from our Harlow hub. There are a lot of hungry mouths to feed out there so it's a good job our amazing drivers deliver over 1.5 million items to thousands of restaurants, pubs, hotels, schools, hospitals and care homes in every corner of the UK, proud to play their part in feeding the nation. Join us for a rewarding career.
- A competitive salary and pension contribution
- Huge discount on all sorts of lovely food and award-winning products
- Generous holiday allowance, with option to purchase more
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career opportunities - being part of Sysco, the world's leading foodservice business, opens up a world of possibility.
Lead Driver - Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Zone Transport Team Manager.
- Provide cover for planned and unplanned absence within a team of drivers (Zone).
- Responsible for picking and delivering customers orders ensuring the department's objectives are achieved and continuously improve performance against set targets.
- Transport Team Manager cover and support (where needed) including Saturday shift cover with training/development provided.
- Assist in carrying out vehicle fleet checks to ensure vehicle roadworthiness.
- Actively support compliance with Health & Safety and Hygiene legislation.
- Actively support compliance with current vehicle & Tachograph legislation.
- Maintain and enhance effective working relationships with your zone Drivers, Lead Drivers and Transport Team Manager - Be a role model.
- Assisting the Zone Transport Team Manager to achieve all department KPI's.
- Assist with new driver training and assessing drivers.
- Assist with rollout and briefings.
- Undertake Accident investigations.
- Complete SAM's checks.
- Complete Delivery Point Risk Assessments
Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Full understanding of current vehicles / Tachograph / WTD / Health & Safety legislation
- LGV Class 2 Licence holder
- Driver CPC Qualification
- Communication Skills
- O.S.P.A driver training
- PC literate
If you are interested, please don't hesitate to apply now and our team will be in touch.
Bring your whole self to work.
All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE.