An exciting opportunity has arisen in Southend (SS9) for Assembly Operators to join our client on a full-time temporary basis for 3 months, which could be extended and potential to be made permanent. Working 6.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Wednesday and 6.30am - 3.30pm on Thursday (37 hours per week), paying £9.59 per hour, overtime pay is £14.39 per hour.
**A Drug screening is required for all successful candidates**
You will be based in a manufacturing setting; and will be in charge of assembling materials using hands or tools. Your responsibilities include following assembly guidelines, packing items in containers and boxes, operating tools and equipment.
- Operate semi-automatic and manual assembly equipment as well as other associated equipment as and when required.
- To manually & Semi Automatically assemble products.
- Comply with all relevant Health, safety, Environmental & COSHH requirements
- Work to relevant processes and procedures.
- Carry out activities in line with Company procedures and process standard work.
- Identify improvements.
- Ensure efficient running of Assembly equipment.
- Feed components and replenish materials for assembly / packing processes.
- Experience in light assembly work (small components.)
- Assembly of small components by hand so good hand eye co-ordination required.
- Experience in working in a manufacturing environment.
- May be expected to work other shift pattern's
Skills and experience
- Must be fully committed to achieving the team's objectives and targets.
- Fully conversant with all aspects of the assembly systems.
- Must be proactive towards improvement ideas/programs.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work using their own initiative.
- Must be familiar with all associated quality standards.
- Must be willing to adapt to new working practices and techniques.
- Flexible approach must be willing support in all areas of the Decorative Value Stream.
- Good communicator at all levels.