An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation - our global FMCG client, the powerhouse behind brands such as Persil, Ben & Surf, Comfort, Domestos and Cif have an opening for a Scientific Data Analyst for a period of 6 months, paying £23,582 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience. The role is to start ASAP, and is based at the R&D facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral and Working from Home (2-3 days per week).
A new position has been created within the Preservation team based at Port Sunlight, Merseyside whose role is to support the business in ensuring products of today and the future are microbiologically safe by design. The purpose of the team is to provide a global technical expertise centre to support the Global Personal Care Design and Deploy business in partnership with regional sister laboratories in other parts of the world. In this role your focus will be on the following key responsibilities;
- Knowledge gathering
- Standardise data capture to feed into models
- Ensure all data is generated and logged using the latest Digital tools available
- Design and perform practical work (microbiological testing, making formulations)
- Maintaining strong links and developing networks across multi-disciplinary project teams, including formulation, quality and regulatory / safety contacts.
- Science background in microbiology/biology/chemistry/biochemistry. Ideally to BSc level with experience.
- Previous practical laboratory skills in a related industry
- Experience of data handling and use of digital tools
- Ability to write scientific papers and reports.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good time management
- Good organisation skills with a high level of accuracy
- Good IT knowledge and experience with digital tools
- Communication/Networking - Including be able to present technical information using appropriate language, both verbal and written, to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Team working - Working in multidisciplinary teams including being able to establish and communicate objectives to team members and stakeholders.
- Practical creativity - including being able to uses ideas from a range of sources to recommend new approaches to work.
- Judgement - Proven problem solver and decision maker capable of using technical judgement when complete information is not available. Being able to present sound and practical judgements to support decisions where there may be significant implications.
- Planning and Organisation. Setting priorities to resolve conflicting demands to make the most efficient use of time.