Job Title: Junior Project Manager
Location: Devonport, Plymouth, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: Attractive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF40419
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International delivering effective project delivery, striving to deliver to time, cost & quality constraints.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a confident individual with strong leadership potential who has the ability to take on small to medium projects without supervision and/or, under the guidance of a Project Manager, medium Projects or work packages of larger projects.
What will you be doing?
As a Junior Project Manager you will play a key role in delivering projects according to the IS Project Delivery lifecycle and delivery process.
Your duties will include:
- Deliver projects according to the IS Project Delivery lifecycle and delivery process
- Define and maintain project governance arrangements, documenting meeting terms of reference, roles and responsibilities, reporting and communication approach, and any other required project controls
- Maintain requirements in a form appropriate to the project, and ensure traceability to design and test activities. Ensure that support requirements are built into project plans from inception and that systems are designed for production and support
- Assemble project plans and determine team work assignments, through engaging with delivery teams to establish agreed estimates, chairing cross-team planning workshops where necessary. With sufficient confidence to effectively manage delivery resources, to establish effective plans and to drive out clear solution options
- Direct and monitor team delivery against plans on a daily basis
- Adhere to scheduling standards to support resource management & metrics reporting, and to manage dependencies
The experience you'll bring
- You must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
- Proven experience of being part of a project delivery team, within an IT environment, either as a Junior PM, Project Associate, or Project Manager.
- Knowledge and experience of current IT technology, products and services
- Prince 2 Foundation
- MS Excel
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 9th December 2021