Senior Java Developer
Visa - Eligible to work in Ireland with no restrictions (Stamp 1G /Stamp 4 /EU Passport)
Hands-on Sr Developer to support software engineering projects to build and deliver of Java based applications in an Agile based Delivery environment. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs. Responsible for assuring the daily activities are of quality and the team meets the requirements of SLA (sprint-based story velocity).
Experience range: 8 to 12 years of hands-on experience
Experienced in major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Lead day-to-day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (story velocity). Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value, identify risks, benefits and constraints through implementation approaches promoted. Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
Develop overall strategic technical plan basing story-based prioritisation across quarterly PI planning sessions. Lead planning, implementation, and review of team deliverables the includes code review/grooming sessions. Work closely with soctioning architecture team to driving implementation flows (stories from an Agile delivery perspective).
Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise. Research on current and upcoming technologies and application appropriate frameworks and provide recommendations to. Proactively create and maintain solution and technology road maps.
Partner with cross functional teams per the evolving needs of the team to crack complex story points/bottle necks. Must be able to deep dive at the code level. Identify Quality methodology and define Quality Metrics for the Team.
Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with Client standards. Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
Lead and guide team through all phases of the SDLC of an application. Successfully lead production incident and problem management, identification of root cause and remediation of the problems. Mentor, coach and assist team members. Provide Brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and frameworks. Provide technical training to the team. Assist with selection of technical resources for the projects.
Ensure compliance to the defined standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department. Develop documentation templates, lead and enforce development of documentation throughout the development lifecycle of the solution.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
- JAVA / OOP required.
- Spring Boot/ Spring Cloud (Spring Cloud Config, Spring Cloud for Cloud Foundry) - (Good to have have)
- Spring framework required.
- IntelliJ / Eclipse preferred.
- Agile experience preferred
- Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
The candidate must have a valid visa to work in Ireland