I am working with a very well-established engineering firm who are based in Greater Manchester and require a Production Manager who will take responsibility for technical management and the supervision and control of production facilities.
- To oversee the production processes, drawing up a production schedule
- To estimate costs and prepare budgets were necessary
- Ensure that the production is cost effective
- Allocate time and resources to customer orders, to ensure on-time delivery
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Monitor product standards and work with QA to implement quality control programmes
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are followed
- Conduct staff performance reviews
- Implement company's policies and procedures.
- Train, supervise and motivate the production workforce
- Planning and organisation skills
- Strong decision-making skills and a results drive approach
- ICT literacy
- Strong communication, negotiation and persuasion techniques
- Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines
- The ability to work in logical, systematic manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 3 years technical production management experience
- Experience in batch or jobbing production.
If you are looking for a career move and would like to work with a true engineering organisation who market lead their industry then please click the apply button and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.