Motor Vehicle Technician
Based in either Rainham- East London or Park Royal- North London
Day or Night shifts available
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a number of Motor Vehicle Technicians to to join the team working as part of our contract with the Metropolitan Police service in either Rainham or Park Royal.
As the Motor Vehicle Technician your role will be to service and repair vehicles in a safe & efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required.
You will prioritise vehicles and maintenance ensuring completion in accordance with procedures in operation and to the standard and Quality required and ensure warranty claims are identified for recovery from manufacturers and rechargeable damage is identified and authorised.
What do I need to do the role?
- Flexible, Proactive, Team Player
- Pride taken in the completion and presentation of completed repairs
- Computer literate.
- Full driving licence
- Good level of industry knowledge / awareness
- Completion of Manufacturer training through Ford, Vauxhall or BMW
- Good understanding and working knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
- Proven experience in a Motor Vehicle technician role, with at least 2 years' experience gained as a fully qualified technician.
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 in Motor Vehicle Studies or equivalent NVQ levels 2 & 3 or equivalent
- Hold Master Technician qualifications or working towards this level
- Ability to network and build effective relationships
- Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
What else do I need to know?
- Working as part of the Met Police contract you will need to be subject to relevant security checks of successful.
- We have a variety of shifts on offer on either a day time or night basis.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.