My Client is the leading distributor of food in Ireland, they are looking for a strong Warehouse Shift Manager to join there team. You will be joining a team of 2 shift managers focusing on managing the outbound cycle.
this is an opportunity to join a robust company that has just launched another side to the business and don't plan on slowing down. you will gain experience in a large start of the art distribution centre with a opportunity to progress and grow with this company.
* To Manage the Goods in Team to ensure the smooth running of the business
* Working with other departments to ensure stock is tipped and booked in on time and within the agreed procedures.
* Review daily Goods In schedule making sure stock is received, put away into the correct locations
* Managing the replenishment function to make sure all pick locations are full and the warehouse is in good condition at pick start time.
* Ensure Tipping and put away times are in line with daily targets;
* To Manage the intake & dispatch Team to ensure the needs of the business are met
* Keep the workplace and work practise safe, cleaning and hygienic (both inside and outside)
* Work efficiently with QC Team Members to achieve internal and external customer requirements
* Work efficiently with Transport, Production and other departments to ensure smooth running of the supply chain
* Attend Meetings as required for the area
* Excellent communication with team to understand goals and targets on a continuous basis
* Coaching and development of Warehouse team members
* Drive performance of the team to maximise efficiency
* Team and individual performance Management
* Generation and Management of a fair roster for Staff taking all skills requirements into consideration and making sure there is H&S cover on all shifts.
* Management of team data input with KBS to ensure accuracy of stock
* Management and control of the FLT, BT users with support of Production
* Support other Warehouse Functions as required by Operations Manager
* Look after the training needs of warehouse staff that report to you
* Product daily KPIs each day and review any issues so a fix is put in place
* Previous experience in a Shift Management role or similar supervisory role essential.
* Excellent knowledge of warehouse procedures.
* Experience in FMCG environment.
* Fully flexible in relation to start and finish times to meet the needs of the business.
* Experience in change management and continuous improvement.
* Excellent timekeeping and attendance.
* Exceptional communication skills with experience in building and developing teams.
* High level of motivational and interpersonal skills, maintaining strong close working relationships.