Class 1 HIAB Driver - Days
£33,581.60 (minimum) salary
Wincanton are looking for committed and reliable Class 1 HIAB Drivers, to join our Aggregate Industries contract based out of Hulland Ward, Ashbourne, Derbyshire to deliver Block paving and general concrete products to construction sites and depots within the UK driving a Class 1 Vehicle with HIAB Crane.
- £33,581.60 min salary for guaranteed hours (including weekly HIAB bonus)
- £40,466.40 average salary for 55 hours a week (including weekly HIAB bonus)
- £13.24 per hour
- 45 hours a week guaranteed
- Start times between 05.00 - 06:00
- Shift pattern - Monday to Friday
- Tramping also available (Minimum of 2 nights out per week, however 4 nights out a week would be ideal)
- £14.38 per hour for hours before 6am and after 6pm
- Optional sixth shift payment of £30 plus normal hourly rate
- £2,600 annual HIAB (MOL) bonus of £50 a week
- £26.00 - Per night out
- Weekly pay
- Permanent 45 hour a week contract
- Essential DCPC training
- 23 days + Bank Holidays paid holiday entitlement
- Access to company pension scheme
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
- Delivering to merchants and private homes using Class 1 Vehicle with HIAB Crane.
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers' products, servicing the Construction sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available).
- Operate your vehicle efficiently and have a good geographical knowledge of the area
- Be punctual and have good communication skills with our clients
- Be willing to learn new skills and attend all company training programmes
- Wear driver uniform and PPE to be worn
- Be an ambassador for the company and Wincanton brand
- Carry out deliveries for our contract, whilst following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid driver CPC and Digital tacho card.
- Must not have more than 6 points on licence.
- Must be fully flexible on working hours.
- Must have good geographical knowledge.
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 6 months HGV Class 1 driving experience, however new Class 1 passes will be considered if you have solid Driving experience on other HGV / PSV licences
- In addition, you will ideally already possess an ALLMI HIAB certificate, but cross training will be offered to Candidates with other HIAB certs
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.