Class 1 Driver - Nights (4 on, 4 off)
£14.00 per hour
43.38 hours per week
Wincanton are looking for Class 1 drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in Middlewich carrying out deliveries for our General Haulage contract.
- £14.00 per hour
- £31,580.64 per annum
- 4 on, 4 off starting between 1500 and 1700
- Average 43.38 hours per week
- £17.50 - overtime rate for hours worked over 43
- £15.29 - hours worked between 1800 and 0400
- £19.00 - for hours worked on 5th shift
- £26.20 - night out allowance (opportunities available)
- Inexperience / newly qualified Class 1 drivers will be considered
Main duties to include carrying out deliveries/collections to distribution centres, cash & carries, breweries and construction sites throughout the UK.
- 20.5 days holiday
- Uniform and PPE
- Access to pension scheme
- Share incentive plan
- Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
- Childcare vouchers
- Medical cash plans
- For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
- To undertake the necessary training to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner.
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock
- To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices
- Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Must hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
- 12 months Class 1 driving experience advantageous
- Previous experience in general haulage advantageous
- Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.