Our client, a leading energy provider is currently recruiting a Metering Technician to join their team.
The role holder will implement established testing procedures to contribute to the safety, compliance and reliability of all metering assets installed by, or on half of our client. They will do this by undertaking visual inspections and established functional testing on new and returned/recycled assets â€" this will include assets such as Legacy Meters, SMART (SMets1 and 2), Energy Solutions Metering assets and In-Home Displays. By following established testing procedures and using in-house databases for documenting steps and outcomes, the role holder will complete end to end testing of assets to ascertain their suitability for use in the field or if unsuitable the rejection route (i.e. return to manufacturer). Testing approaches vary depending on asset; however, they will broadly fall into two categories either new asset batch sample testing (goods-in) or triage testing (recycling of returned assets previously used in the field).
The Metering Technician will also be responsible for monitoring, fulfilling and documenting Adhoc Meter orders from the field teams. In addition, they will carry out calibration checks on metering test equipment and Instruments from the field on an annual/periodic basis.
Lastly, they will need to be prepared to undertake general duties i.e. moving meters from locations and the stores and if needed receipt in deliveries from 3rd party logistics company which would include samples and meters for recycle.
- Undertake Goods In inspections to ISO 9002 standards and record and document. Identify risks or anomalies are raised to the Test & Quality Manager as a priority.
- Using established testing procedures, test allocated metering assets and record outputs comprehensively and accurately using the Triage Database. Ensure anomalies are raised to the Test & Quality Manager as a priority.
- Store and pack assets securely, accurately and appropriately according to the testing result and Triage Database instructions
- Advise the Test & Quality Manager of any factors contributing to failed testing or triaging which could provide improvements to the installation method to prevent reoccurrence or where possible suggestion alternate solutions
- Contribute to the effectively delivery of the department by prioritising own workload and ensure that the collective teamsâ€™ priorities are achieved.
- Undertake additional testing outside of the usual frameworks, when necessary, as directed by the Test & Quality Manager
- Monitor incoming Adhoc meter orders. Fulfil and prepare these orders ready for collection from site, or delivery into the field. Complete Adhoc Spreadsheet documentation in relation to orders in a timely and accurate manner,
- Carry out Calibration checks on metering test equipment on an annual/periodic basis and record results in calibration database.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Metering experience desired i.e. legacy experience
High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to prioritise their own work effectively
Diligent with confidence to challenge
Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems and articulating these to a high standard
Experience of working effectively as part of a busy team with changing priorities