Job Title: Procurement Manager - Contracts
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: £46,221 - £54,490 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40682
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International accountable for the procurement and contract management of work packages from inception through to contract closure, ensuring supply chain key deliverables are met to agreed project costs, schedule and quality.
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with good negotiating and influencing skills at all levels. You will possess a strong work ethic, ability to manage ambiguity and have a well-developed communication skills to confidently liaise with multiple stakeholders, customers, project team and suppliers at all levels.
What will you be doing?
As a Procurement Manager you will have responsibility for multiple work packages and typically c.£30m expenditure.
Your duties will include:
* Managing contract deliverables, supplier progress and performance to ensure effective delivery of contracted requirements
* Managing contract risks and change, and implementing effective mitigations to meet project cost, schedule and quality requirements
* Supporting the delivery of project objectives through the rigorous management of supplier performance with regular progress reporting and stakeholder engagement
The experience you'll bring
* You must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
* Extensive experience in managing contract delivery in construction, engineering or manufacturing sectors (Proven experience in contract management)
* Advantageous to have a strong Engineering background and experience of complex engineering projects with EPC methodologies
* Engineering Degree or equivalent through proven work experience
* Project Management or equivalent professional qualification
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 7th January 2022