Manpower is currently recruiting for several Yard Operatives based in Aylesbury with an immediate start either on a temporary or permanent basis.
Your main duties will include:
- Unloading and loading pallets on and off an artic vehicle using a Counterbalance forklift.
- Emptying the contents of the barrels into the required recycling areas.
- Jet washing the empty barrels.
- Placing the empty barrels back onto the vehicle.
Temporary to Permanent Hours: 45 per week
Monday - Friday
0700 - 16:30 (30 min lunch break)
Temporary Hours: 40 per week
Monday - Friday
10:30 - 19:00 (30 min lunch break)
- HEALTH & SAFETY - Ensure all tasks are undertaken in a safe & compliant manner. Ensure familiarisation with all SOP and work instructions governing all aspects of on-site activity. Highlight areas of concern and raise concerns with colleagues or SHEQ Manager. Work under approved Risk Assessment and Method Statements RAMS and Safe Systems of Work (SSW) and Work Instructions (WI)
- ENVIRONMENT - Ensure all tasks are always completed in line with the required environmental standards.
- QUALITY & PERFORMANCE - Using own and colleagues' knowledge ensure that tasks are completed to comply with the quality and performance targets. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- OPERATIONS - Undertake the day-to-day operation of the facility and work as a team with the other operators. Perform tasks as appropriate to ensure the continuous and effective performance of the facility.
- OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE - Act in a timely manner to maximise operational performance. Where potential issues are identified act or escalate as appropriate.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Look for opportunities to continuously optimise and develop the current process to improve the efficiency of barrel and share these suggestions with the site management team.
- PRODUCTIVITY - Flexible approach to dealing with delays in delivery and collection of barrels.
- Teamwork - Able to work well in a team
- Able to deal with changing priorities
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- A can-do mentality with a strong focus on productivity.
- Good attention to detail
- Cautious and methodical
- Industry or role related qualification desirable but not essential i.e., Forklift licence Operational Health and Safety qualification desirable but not essential
- Role related certification desirable but not essential