Job Title: Lifting Operations Appointed Person
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: £38,000 - £44,853 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF41159
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team playing a key role in the Lifting Operations that are performed across Clyde and off-Site. Typically in excess of 9500 lifts ranging from Basic through to Complex are conducted annually at Clyde in various marine and land based environments.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced Lifting Operations Appointed Persons who will utilise their expert knowledge to ensure that lifting activities are planned, adequately supervised and conducted in a safe and compliant manner in accordance with HMNB Clyde Lifting Operations Policy and as mandated by Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
What will you be doing?
- Interpret the technical aspects of individual lifts to develop, implement and continually improve lifting plans and method statements.
- Ensure the deployment of SQEP supervision for all lifts and that the supervisors are fully briefed on the task and contents, scope and limits of lifting method statements and risk assessments.
- Support the Lifting Operation Manager in achieving lifting-related KPI's across all operational areas through planning, supervision and safe execution of lifts. En.suring that that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Clyde's cost, time and quality requirements
- Carry out risk assessments and be able to select and brief supervisors to ensure sufficient planning, supervision and safe execution of lifting operations.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to operational departments, contractors and project teams (including for MoD Capital Works projects) on the application of industry good practice of Lifting Operations.
- Support audits, investigations and surveys to maintain compliance of lifting activities as required as part of the Clyde Integrated Audit Programme.
The experience you'll bring
- Detailed knowledge and understanding or experience of other roles within a lifting operation such as supervision, slinging or crane operation.
- Hold a SVQ/NVQ Level 4 Controlling Lifting Operations for Appointed Person.
- Detailed understanding of LOLER and BS7121 requirements & other industry applicable regulations and practices.
- A track record of making intelligent evidence based decisions using various sources of data and resolving conflicting operational priorities.
- Demonstrable experience in reviewing and updating complex engineering documentation and participating in extensive discussions covering many disciplines and specialist subject matters with respect to solving challenging lifting operations related problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise your own workload. Proficient use of MS Office software and CAD packages with well-developed presentation, communication and relationship-building skills.
- You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
What a role with Babcock offers?
Generous holiday entitlement4.5 day working weekPension PlanShare Ownership SchemeAccess to make a difference for a sustainable environment for futureA tailored personal development and training programme.Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About BabcockFor more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location. Armed Forces Covenant We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 14th January 2022