Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Location: Ashchurch, Tewkesbury, GB, GL20 8LZ
Compensation: £18,922 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40741
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International as an integral part of the Supply Chain being responsible for the management of materiel requirements and the associated accounting requirements.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Operative to work with our team of four being responsible for the picking and issuing of goods to the British Army, mainly radio equipment.
What will you be doing?
As a Warehouse Operative you will play a key role ensuring fulfilment of receipt, store, maintain & issue (RSMI) and management of the provision of material requirements associated to the demand and consumption of equipment to directly influence the DSG output to meet customer requirements.
Your duties will include:
* Processing the receipt of consignments within the Goods Inward Department using MJDI, ensuring all consignments are checked in accordance with DLF policies and that any discrepancies following a non-technical inspection are actioned accordingly in conjunction with the DR Cell.
* Maintaining stock level accuracy within the warehouse
* Verify the accuracy of inventory and store locations records
* Identify areas of weakness in the control of the materiel
* Conduct stocktaking programmes in accordance with DLF, ensuring accurate results and procedures are recorded and actioned
* Undertake all cross service issues and backloading instructions using MJDI and the F8883 process
The experience you'll bring
* You will be fit and able bodied for manual handling tasks
* Previous Stores/Warehouse experience would be desirable
* Fork Lift Truck licence would be desirable
* Good IT Skills
* Must have or the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Babcock DSG is committed to the continual development of its employees and to support this you may be required to undertake activity within your competence or accredited skillset across a variety of roles within your operational function or discipline consistent with your pay band. Additionally, training will be provided where required to broaden your personal competence and skills profile to maximise opportunities for your flexibility, personal development and deployability to provide experience across a range of roles and services we provide to our customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 6th January 2021