Manufacturing Stores Supervisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in South Cambridgeshire who are seeking a Stores Supervisor with a background in the manufacturing and engineering sector to join them.
As a global leader in manufacturing advanced materials, they have pioneered numerous advances within their field in over 80 years of operating and have a strong investment in research and development and a culture of continuous improvement.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business and carve out a career for the long term.
Through your collaboration with other teams and departments, you would be responsible for but not limited to:
- Managing and controlling all stores and purchasing activities related to engineering
- Completing regular stock audits, ensuring stock is organised and stored correctly and safely
- Processing queries and receipts, accepting delivery and relocation of goods in efficient manner
- Staff planning and work allocation
- Identifying and contacting potential new suppliers
- Collaborating with other teams and functions to ensure smooth operation in the manufacturing and support services
To be successful in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Stock control and stores management expertise
- Previous buyer/purchasing responsibilities
- Understanding of engineering materials and processes
- People management skills and collaboration in a multi-disciplined environment
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations, with an IOSH qualification desirable
- Understanding of computerised stock control/purchasing systems
- Familiarity with MS Office programs
A typical week would be on average 37.5 hours and be based around day shifts, however some flexibility may be required when additional resource is required.
With a range of company benefits such as an annual bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension scheme, there's lots more to consider with this opportunity.
Interested? Click apply to find out more