Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Location: Paisley, Glasgow, GB, PA3 2ST
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Licensed Aircraft Engineer.
Help us support customer requirements by carrying out and supervising aircraft engineering tasks on company aircraft/equipment in support of the Light Aircraft Flying Training Task 2 IAW current EASA/CAA Part ML and Part 145 approvals.
This is a hands on role reporting to the Site Operations Manager (SOM). As a Licensed Aircraft Engineer (LAE) you will ensure all aircraft engineering, line and depth maintenance and all other engineering related activities and services are provided as required to meet or exceed customer expectations and LAFT2 contractual obligations.
The purpose of the Licensed Aircraft Engineer role is to provide a CRS signature as required for all work carried out on company aircraft when appropriate to release an aircraft to service after defect rectification or scheduled maintenance IAW current EASA/CAA Part ML and Part 145 and Babcock company approvals.
* CRS signature - Provide a CRS signature when appropriate to release an aircraft to service after either defect rectification or scheduled maintenance.
* Supervise - Supervise engineering and Flight Line activity on Company aircraft and associated equipment in conformity with authorised schedules, technical publications and instructions ensuring highest standards of maintenance are maintained.
* Maintenance - To undertake scheduled and corrective maintenance of the Babcock Aircraft fleet to ensure airworthiness is maintained to meet customer requirements on a daily basis.
* Defects and Reports - Undertake or supervise as directed, the investigation, diagnosis and rectification of defects and submission of reports as required.
* Documentation - To complete "all" documentation in accordance with current legislation and Company procedures.
* RAL - Maintain/monitor RAL operations to ensure accuracy of input and compliance with procedures.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need an EASA/CAA Part 66, B1.2 license, supervisory experience in a Civil/Military Aviation environment and have the ability to demonstrate practical and theoretical standards required.
Would also like you to hold experience in the following:
* Specific technical knowledge.
* Sound understanding of partnering and alliance between customer and contract.
* Driving Licence.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 03/01/2022