Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Milton Keynes for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role holder will be responsible for supplier account management, invoice processing, account reconciliations and employee expenses, ensuring payments are made to terms and prompt resolution of queries.
Working independently to investigate and resolve complex transactional data and system related technical errors in an expedient manner. To proactively build and maintain strong relationships with our client's large corporate suppliers as well as collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
- Processing of purchase order (PO) and non-PO invoices, ensuring invoices are validated, input accurately and adhere to the Procurement policy and approved in line with our client's business authorization matrix
- Process all purchase ledger payment runs and monitoring of live Purchase Requisitions within SAP to ensure all suppliers are paid to terms
- Engage with stakeholders across our client's business to investigate and resolve invoicing discrepancies taking necessary corrective action
- Maintain the Concur expenses system, full audit controls are carried out and taking corrective action ensuring claims are processed in adherence with our client's Company Travel and Expense policy and within Controlling budget
- Play a key role in the accuracy of setting up new suppliers through knowledge of company law and working internally with Risk and Procurement for completion of credit checks and financial worthiness.
- Responsible for supplier account management, proactively liaising with suppliers to manage, investigate and resolve account and invoicing queries, evaluate and complete supplier statement reconciliations.
- Complete monthly intercompany reconciliations liaising with stakeholders across the business in order to resolve any unreconciled and aged items
- Carry out end to end process reviews on a regular basis to ensure optimal processes are in place, engaging with key stakeholders across the business to resolve supplier account and technical queries.
- Capture accurate daily transactional data in order for senior management to report Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) on a monthly basis.
- Update all procedure documentation in line with NetConsent review dates. Provide UAT skills and subject matter knowledge to support IT with Development and resolution of system related incidents when requested.
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working within the team, sharing knowledge, experience and best practice to drive process improvements by engaging with Finance Development, IT and BT.
- On a daily basis, the Accounts Payable Specialist is expected to liaise with all departments across the company to ensure the quality and accuracy of information is provided for invoice processing and payment authorisations.
- Direct contact with suppliers is essential to ensure accuracy and up to date account information is maintained.
- Direct contact with Commercial Services department is essential to manage the agency contracts and intercompany account balances to ensure no aged items.
- Direct contact with all employees, all levels of Management and the Board concerning expense claims and regardless of level, the Accounts Payable specialist will reject if claims are out of policy.
- Confident in rejecting to business owners the set up of a new supplier where the company law validation checks are not met. As a business it's essential that we set up new suppliers who are not fraudulent and who are financially strong in order to mitigate any risk and exposure to our client's Financial Services.
- Able to identify that the correct VAT code has been provided on payment requests and confident to challenge the specialised business owner and reject accordingly. It's essential that the correct VAT treatment is applied as this will have a direct impact on our client's Financial Services VAT return submitted to HMRC and prevention of penalty charges.
- Independence and confidence to challenge senior management and the BoM to reject expense claims when submitted and approved out of policy.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Accounts Payable experience preferred
- AAT qualified or part qualified preferred
- Desirable to be an SME of SAP FI, MM and Concur system administrator
- Organised and able to work flexibly and effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates analytical approach supported by strong problem solving skills
- Methodical & disciplined approach to work
- Self-motivated and a strong team player, motivated by new challenges
- Confident to communicate across the business to BoM level
- Experienced in the preparation of reconciliations, investigation and clearing of outstanding items
- Numeric with financial and commercial awareness
- Reliability and accuracy in working practices is necessary
- Competent in working with structured processes
- Proficiency with Excel, including pivot tables, look ups and other formulas to ensure accuracy of complex reconciliations is essential
- Knowledge of SAP FI, MM and Concur system is desired for the various processes required for the role.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!