Design Engineer - Cooling.
Warwickshire (M40 corridor).
Flexible working available.
As one of the most prestigious brands in the world, my client is a manufacturer of high-end vehicles and has a British heritage spanning over a century. With their headquarters in Warwickshire, their iconic range of vehicles are the dreams of many and sold from 160 dealerships in 53 countries.
With a new leadership team and strategic expansion plans, a number of opportunities have arisen within their organisation and they are now looking for a Design Engineer with a background in cooling design, to join them. Does this sound like the type of company that can offer you an exciting next step of your career?
Leading the design of cooling system components for all future and current vehicle programmes, across multiple vehicle / powertrain platforms and applications, the core responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Ensuring component designs achieve L&C, IPR, performance, function, cost and timing targets.
- Defining, maintaining and applying component archetypes, design manuals and standards.
- Leading concept system / component selection.
- Creating 2D and 3D CAD drawings, utilising Siemens PLM TeamCentre & NX software (a training programme is provided for those transferring from CATIA).
- Managing external resource in the delivery of 2D and 3D CAD.
- Ensuring CAD designs achieve failure mode avoidance, design for manufacture, service and logistical requirements.
- Generating bill of materials.
- Generating prototype and production engineering releases.
- Creating and maintaining system / component timing plans and costs.
My client is keen to speak with people who are independently driven, by nature, and possess the ability to comfortably manage and prioritise their own workload. They are looking for someone with recent experience of cooling systems at component, system or vehicles levels and technical design knowledge using 1st principles of cooling and / or refrigerant systems.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary plus annual performance bonus, for this permanent role. An excellent remuneration package also includes access to vehicle leasing schemes, private medical cover and 26 days holiday per year, plus Bank holidays.
The company are easily accessible from Gaydon, Warwick, Coventry, Birmingham, Banbury and the surrounding areas and the area offers sensibly priced accommodation and a variety of lifestyle options to suite every taste.
If this Design Engineer role is of interest to you, please apply online.