Job Title: Vehicle Servicing Operative
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk, GB, IP7 7RA
Compensation: £ 25,631.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / 1 year FTC
An opportunity has arisen at Wattisham Flying Station for a Servicing Operative (38 hrs a week) working at 7 Aviation Close Support Battalion REME. The contract runs until 31st December 2022 with options for a further one year should they be taken.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Vehicle Servicing Operative to support the Light Aid Detachment (LAD) in providing vehicle availability in support of the Battalion. Babcock staff are fully integrated into the LAD and for day to day activities report directly to the LAD line manager and for Babcock related matters to the Babcock Site Manager.
What will you be doing?
* The servicing, maintenance (both scheduled and unscheduled) of equipment.
* Carry out repairs in accordance with Technical Publications as directed within all Health and Safety guidelines.
* Carry out routine inspections in accordance with Technical Publications within all Health and Safety guidelines.
* All work is carried out and recorded in line with unit working practices and processes.
The experience you'll bring
* Experience of vehicle routine maintenance.
* Good hand skills
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Able to work on own initiatives with defined guidelines.
* Has a good understanding of workshop procedure.
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 04/01/2022