Job Title: Emergency Arrangements Training Manager
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £ 33,790.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40895
Your role is a key element of DRDL and have been specially designed to regulate and assure the business against statutory and certification requirements including Environmental Permitting Regulations, facilitate exceptional business performance through challenging, outcome focused assurance activities and deliver targeted assurance that provides a balanced articulation of business performance against strategic objectives, and the delivery of key enabling business services.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Emergency Arrangements Training Manager to be responsible for the development and maintenance of the corporate emergency response and business continuity training requirements using the company Training Quality Management System.
What will you be doing?
* Development of the Emergency Arrangements training process to meet the Company's Training Quality Management System iaw Licence Condition / Authorisation Condition 10
* Co-ordinate emergency response training to ensure adequately trained persons to competently respond to a nuclear / radiological emergency.
* Liaison with the emergency services and production of training programmes to ensure their training meets the requirements of the Site's emergency arrangements.
* Development and approval of all training provided to MOD, MOD contractors and emergency services personnel iaw the MSDF/FMSP contract.
* Evaluation of emergency response training
* Annual review of all emergency response training.
The experience you'll bring
* Excellent knowledge of the Devonport Site emergency arrangements and emergency planning
* Radiation worker
* Good Knowledge of the company's TQMS Experienced emergency planner
* Experienced Trainer
* Displays flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment
* HND level education or proven experience in EP or training
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 04/01/2022