Lead CAE Engineer.
Warwickshire (M40 corridor).
Flexible working available.
As one of the most prestigious brands in the world, my client is a manufacturer of high-end vehicles and has a British heritage spanning over a century. With their headquarters in Warwickshire, their iconic range of vehicles are the dreams of many and sold from 160 dealerships in 53 countries.
With a new leadership team and strategic expansion plans, a number of opportunities have arisen within their organisation and they are now looking for a number of CAE Engineers, to join them. Does this sound like the type of company that can offer you an exciting next step of your career?
My client is keen to have conversations with experienced Senior and Lead CAE Engineers with backgrounds in the use of FEA tools and hand calculations to ensure programmes meet their performance, mass and cost targets. With the role also involving the analysis of a range of loadcases, including crashworthiness, NVH, durability, stiffness and strength, the core responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Analysis of a broad range of finite element models to provide efficient engineering solutions, which achieve the required legal and internal performance requirements, whilst meeting the programme mass and cost targets.
- Construction of finite element analysis models.
- Actively assisting in the development of design targets and standards.
- Working alongside commodity owners and CAD team to evolve designs by giving advice on geometry, as well as material and fixing selection.
- Present results at a range of levels within the organisation.
- Propose and investigate methods for improved accuracy and efficiency.
Essentially, you will possess experience of working in the automotive industry and a broad knowledge of engineering design and manufacturing; particularly relating to body structures and safety. Additional qualifications and experience that my client is looking for, are as follows:
- Experience using at least one of CAE solvers - DYNA Explicit, DYNA Implicit, Optistruct or NASTRAN.
- Experience leading analysis and engineering of components, as well as leading more junior CAE Engineers.
- Experience using CAE pre and post processors - Hyperworks, Oasys and ANSA.
- Knowledge of materials used in the high-performance automotive sector, such as aluminium alloys and carbon composites.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary plus annual performance bonus, for this permanent role. An excellent remuneration package also includes access to vehicle leasing schemes, private medical cover and 26 days holiday per year, plus Bank holidays.
The company are easily accessible from Gaydon, Warwick, Coventry, Birmingham, Banbury and the surrounding areas and the area offers sensibly priced accommodation and a variety of lifestyle options to suite every taste.
If this Lead CAE Engineer role is of interest to you, please apply online.