Operations Manager - Guildford
A very successful and welcoming company based in Guildford are in the search of a proactive, driven, and confident Operations Manager to effectively manage 12-15 people consisting of drivers and warehouse operatives. You will have need to have the ability to support with the success and growth of their ever-growing business, put your mark on and develop the team. To excel within this role, you ideally will have experience in transport planning and experience in managing warehouse and picking and packing operatives. A background in the stationary industry would be extremely desirable for the role.
You will encourage good employee relations, morale through the delivery of effective communication and listening skills as well as promoting a can - do attitude to all aspects of working life.
- Management of the functions and workflow of the drivers.
- Oversee the quality of work to achieve optimum productivity levels from the warehouse/driving team.
- Manage the logistics used to deliver customer deliveries, day to day operations and admin, customers queries and management of team.
- Communicate effectively with the drivers and warehouse team.
- Overseeing rolling, daily and annual stock checks and stock takes.
- Ensure all health and safety, standards, procedures, and legal guidelines are met.
- Ensure servicing and maintenance are kept up to date.
- Contribute positively to ISO standards 9001 and 14001, 18001 and 28001.
- Proven experience in a warehouse lead role and managing employees.
- Extensive knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy
- Knowledge and Experience of managing a team of multi-drop drivers and associated tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving and leadership skills and qualities.
- The ability to communicate clearly, confidently, and effectively with all levels of company employees.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- The ability to lead and motivate others
- The ability to work calmly and productively under pressure.
- Full clean driving license essential.
- PC literate on main software packages (Microsoft)
- Able to work under own initiative
- Ability to plan scheduled work
- The salary for this role ranges between £28,000 and £36,000 dependent on experience.
- 28 days holiday.
- Free on-site parking.
- Contributory Pension.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
Working Hours -
- 6:00am - 2:30pm - Monday - Friday
This is an amazing opportunity to really excel, achieve and make a huge difference with a fantastic company in the new year! I look forward to your applications!
Logistics Manager, Wimborne, Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Co-ordinator, Logistics Manager, Operations Manager, Transport Manager, Transport Coordinator, General Manager, Ops Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Coordinator, Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Operations, WAREHOUSE MANAGER, WAREHOUSE DIRECTOR, SOUTHAMPTON, GUILDFORD, HAMPSHIRE