Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Remote (plus travel to site)
Compensation: £45,000 - £55,000
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job ID: SF 38983
This is an exciting opportunity to join Cavendish Nuclear as a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
Who we are looking for?
Here at Cavendish Nuclear, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to support projects working on high-integrity nuclear marine systems. We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who has mechanical handling/crane knowledge and who has experience of working with Nuclear safety cases.
You will be working on small packages of work with tight timescales, so you will experience and the skill set to manage priorities. You will be able to provide clear advice to a number of different stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Producing, reviewing and approving calculations, analyses, drawing, models and design basis documentation and technical reports as assigned.
- Proving support to the Project Manager for the planning, control and delivery of tasks and projects.
- Assisting in effective management of the customer, through interfacing with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
- Making engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delated authority.
- Contribute to Product Safety Assessment process.
The experience you'll bring
- An Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification/experience).
- Mechanical handling/crane knowledge (including Portal, Mobile and Overhead traveler)
- Experience of working with Nuclear safety cases.
- Experience of effective and proactive stakeholder engagement, including challenging requirements.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and team working skills.
You must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 7th Jan 2022