Our client, one of the UK's leading energy providers, is looking for a Commercial / Project Support Officer to support the business in administering the commercial activities for professional service contracts on the HPC project. The Commercial / Project Support Officer provides support to those managing packages of work by helping them with a variety of standard business processes / systems / tools and liaising with appropriate internal stakeholders.
The Commercial / Project Support Officer will also provide management information to delivery teams to ensure that the current portfolio of work is matched to the internal and external resources and budgets available, and reallocated as effectively as possible when priorities change.
This role will be a mix of work from home and site based - Aztec West, Bristol..
- Raising purchase orders for the spending of monies on goods and services.
- Ensuring that accruals/goods receipts are in place.
- Managing spend against budgets during the year, making changes where needed.
- Securing changes to planned levels of internal resource.
- Problem solving on behalf of those managing packages of work to ensure good control, wherever this is appropriate.
- Input at progress meetings where required to provide supporting information to those managing the packages of work.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Able to provide guidance and advice about financial and contract management to help improve budget control and commercial awareness.
- Previous experience of providing high quality proactive support to others.
- Strong numerical skills, able to interrogate, analyse and report data.
- Good experiences of Microsoft Office software in general, in particular Excel skills for reporting and analysis.
- Experience of SAP, CEMAR or Fieldglass would be beneficial but not essential.