Senior Technical Engineer
Up to £35000 Annual Salary.
Our prestigious client has specialised in the aerospace sector since its inception, their earliest involvement meant working directly with the pioneers and founders of the modern UK aerospace industry. This included De Havilland, Hawker Sidley, Handley Page, Rolls Royce, British Aircraft Corporation and Westland Helicopters. We are pleased to say that this involvement continues to the present day, and this now includes business from 1st and 2nd tier suppliers to the prime manufacturers.
Our client range of treatments covers Non-Destructive Testing, Plating, Anodising, Painting and Process Evaluation. Many of the jobs we undertake require numerous processes. Undertaking these processes on one site offers cost savings and faster turnaround times to their customers.
Due to personnel changes within the business, our client has an immediate vacancy for a Senior Technical Engineer. This role is part of the Technical Team reporting directly to the General Manager.
Purpose of the role:
This role requires experience of surface treatment and electroplating. This role is part of the Technical Team reporting directly to the General Manager, and reporting to you will be a Technical Engineer, therefore it is important to have excellent people skills.
Daily duties include:
- You will have, but not limited to, the following responsibilities,
- Management of the creation and control of both data cards and production process cards.
- Liaison with management, departments and staff regarding specification compliance and special processes compliance.
- Working with the Quality Manager, to ensure compliance to ISO9001 and NADCAP audit requirements, along with assisting in other regular audits. Identifying root cause and corrective actions to answer both internal and external non-conformances.
- Communicating with clients and prime customers, to ensure compliance to requirements, identifying gaps or non-conformances and required concessions.
- Working with clients and prime customers, to amend or write specifications to meet specific operating demands or to bring the specification in to compliance with the latest regulatory surface treatment processes.
- Advising clients and prime customers on the most appropriate processing to meet their requirements.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies, such as the Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, European Chemicals Agency, Local Authorities and Emergency Services.
- Working with certification bodies to ensure the retention and continued compliance with ISO14001 and ISO9001, NADCAP and prime customer approvals.
The ideal Senior Technical Engineer will have the following:
- Ideally, a Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Special Processes.
- It is essential you have a full knowledge of Anodising, Electroplating, Electroless coatings, Conversion Coatings, Primers and Paints.
- Expertise of NADCAP, ISO9001, ISO14001 and Health and Safety Law (including COSHH and COMAH).
- You will be required to pass a series of exams as part of the role to hold Honeywell SCA approval. The above skills are necessary to help you pass the assessment criteria and exams.
- Working knowledge of FMEA principles.
- Effective Time Management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.
Advantageous but not essential:
- An expertise of Non-Destructive Testing would be desirable but not essential.
- A working knowledge of Rolls Royce specifications and data card generation would be extremely advantageous. As would previously holding Rolls Royce delegated approval status.
Senior Technical Engineer role is of interest to you, please apply online.