Job Title: HSEF Advisor
Location: Minley, Camberley, GB, GU17 9JT
Compensation: £32,851 - £39,403 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41102
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International responsible for the delivery of Safety Health Environment and Fire Support and advice to our Commanding Officer of the military camp.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Advisor to provide regular engagement with site operations to identify their supporting operations, through proactive engagement and competent advice, ownership and delivery of HS&E objectives, the identification and application of 'best practice' and the development of a positive Health & Safety culture throughout the workforce by influencing operational managers to establish understanding and accountability for HSE within the work environment.
What will you be doing?
* Promoting and delivering an enduring safe working environment across the RSME Minley site
* Ensuring all accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences are reported and investigated in accordance with the RSME and Babcock (RSME) Accident Reporting Procedures.
* Compiling and distributing reports and returns as scheduled and on demand
* Providing comprehensive and compliant advice on all SHEF matters to the Commanding Officer 3 RSME Regt and other military commanders
* Producing and manage the annual SHEF/compliance audit matrix for site ensuring all areas are subject of programmed audits based on activity and level of risk
* Supporting and carrying out required FPE Audit across the site in the required level by Authority and produce action plan to address identified improvements
The experience you'll bring
* Must have or the ability to obtain SC security clearance
* NEBOSHH General Certificate or equivalent essential
* Full clean driving licence
* IOSH is desirable
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 10th January 2022