Supply Chain Analyst - 52 week FTC
Business Unit: Central Services
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Starting salary: £32,020.00
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit multiple Supply Chain Analysts. You will work on a 52 week fixed term contract.
The Future Maritime Support Programme (FMSP) is the UK MoD's new contracting framework designed to replace the Maritime Support Delivery Framework (MSDF) and Submarine Deep Maintenance Period (DMP) contracts. It will sustain over 9,400 jobs in the UK ensuring ongoing industrial support of the Royal Navy's capabilities, including new aircraft carriers, surface combatants and submarines as well as the infrastructure at the Naval Bases at Devonport and on the Clyde.
It is an ambitious programme designed to improve vessel availability, increase resilience of the maritime defence supply chain and ensure certainty of delivery, while also seeking substantial reductions in total support costs. Babcock must achieve all of these outcomes against a backdrop of increasingly complex commercial and regulatory requirements.
For Procurement and Supply Chain (P&SC), these increased complexities have created challenges in ensuring the function can deliver an effective and efficient value-adding service to the wider Babcock organisation and ultimately the UK MoD that remains compliant with all necessary requirements.
As a result, the supply chain function has embarked on an exciting, customer backed transformation programme which is designed to modernise our function and deliver the required transformation and associated benefits committed to our customer under FMSP.
The projects are focused on delivering functional best practise in the areas of contract management, supply planning, SRM, professional services and supply chain automation. The roles will require you to manage stakeholders, analyse data to provide actionable insights and have skills in both project management and change management.
These roles will help safeguard Babcock's commercial interests, manage critical supply chain risks and support enhancements in functional competency and capability. In doing so, you will support effective assurance, control and governance of FMSP delivery and promote continuous improvement in the value offering of P&SC to Babcock and the end customer.
The main purpose of your role is to support the development, implementation and ongoing management of P&SC transformation projects and programmes.
The role will provide an opportunity to gain a holistic view of P&SC operations and an opportunity to positively shape the future processes, systems and tools used by the function that underpin effective service delivery and the relationship with the end customer.
As a member of a high calibre P&SC team, you will be expected to lead on significant projects that are critical to delivering value and managing key risks to Babcock and have wide impact across the business and into the supply chain.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need an NVQ Level 5, CIPS professional level Qualification or relevant degree.
* Production of reports and information from ERP system driven data. System based reports and management information for Supply Chain.
* Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management as this is part of the transformation project
* Excellent critical thinking skills with an ability to build relationships, manage stakeholders effectively and remain delivery focussed with a pragmatic hands on approach even under high uncertainty.
* Keen eye for detail but be able to draw back to see the big picture, translating that insight into workable applications for the business.
* Leadership qualities will be expected through the ability to influence, gain buy-in and effectively implement new solutions, maintaining focus and showing a positive, resilient attitude in the face of scepticism or challenge.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom.
Closing date: 06/01/2022