Job Title: Buyer
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: Attractive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41213
Here at Babcock we have an exciting opportunity for a Project Buyer within the Type 31 programme. Reporting to the Project Procurement Manager, you will have accountability, within a defined scope of materials and/or subcontract services, for the supply chain design, execution, and performance for a Business Unit's project
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
Who we are looking for?
* We are looking for a flexible and adaptable individual who has high quality communication skills, both written and verbally. You will need to be Delivery focussed with a pragmatic, hands-on approach that enables strategies to be fully executed.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include:
* Managing sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project deliverables
* Leading negotiations with suppliers to ensure that the most cost effective supply solutions are obtained
* Ensuring that the Company's commercial position is best protected and is properly reflected within formal subcontracts and purchase orders
* Supplier and contract management
* Ensuring that all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and that all material and service requirements are supplied in accordance with Project schedules
* Coordination with Operational Procurement Managers to ensure project requirements are executed on time
* Responsible for managing change through project
The experience you'll bring
* Must have or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
* Equivalent through work experience or Qualified to a degree level
* MCIPS qualified or studying towards MCIPS or equivalent professional qualifications
* Understanding of contract terms and conditions and the ability to manage subcontract terms including flow-down terms from customer contracts
* Understanding of planning and implementing supply arrangements, managing supplier performance and scheduling of deliveries
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 7th January 2022