Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting for 30 Catering Operative based in York, working within a busy hospital environment based on the wards.
This is a temporary on-going assignment.
Monday - Sunday 07:00-15:00;
Monday - Sunday 11:30-19:30;
Monday - Sunday 07:00- 11:00;
Monday - Sunday 06:00-14:00;
Monday - Friday 11:00-19:00;
Monday - Friday 11:00-15:00;
Monday - Friday 15:00-20:00;
Saturday- Sunday 08:30-16:00.
Pay rate: £8.92 (increasing after 12 week of service)
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- To carry out any general food preparation for patients, staff and visitors (You will take part in the preparation of food and manage dietary requirements for patients),
- Deliver and distribution patient food trolleys to the wards,
- Ensuing meals are served within a timely manner
- Serve all customers in a polite and friendly manner,
- To maintain the cleaning and hygiene of the kitchen to promote a safe working environment.
- Working within a team
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about customer care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our customers
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check and reference checks
Temporary On-going Role
28 Days holiday per year
Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme