Regulatory Affairs Officer
Home based / Hybrid role
Approx. 12 Months - Temporary
£13.80 - £14.75 per hour
Our client a leading Paint and Performance Coatings Manufacturer have an exciting opportunity for a PSRA Food Contact Specialist (Regulatory Affairs). The successful applicant will have basic knowledge of the European Food Contact legislation and relevant guidance.
Working within a small team liaising with internal and external partners you will contribute to team deliverables by evaluating and validating data sources, ensuring regulatory compliance. Resolving and responding to customer enquiries in an accurate and timely fashion. This is a hybrid role, initially a home-based role, part office, based in Birmingham.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant food contact regulations.
- Provide guidance to assure compliance for raw materials and products, responding to internal customers to resolve raw material and/or product issues accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Produce regulatory compliance statements
- Question validity and accuracy of data and seek advice to maintain raw material/substance European food contact properties in software system.
- Communicate effectively both internally (other departments) and externally (Customers, regulators, suppliers, trade associations)
- Develop a good understanding of customer needs and relevant regulatory topics affecting the business
- Assist translation of complex regulatory requirements to practical implications for the business.
- Identify potential non compliances and areas of risk to the business.
- Coordinate external certification work, organizing the coating of the panels, supplying the formulation, covering letter etc.
- Review/validate product external certification reports and transfer this information into software system.
- Contribute to cross functional project teams as required to advise in European food contact related issues as and when required.
- Participate in internal projects.
- Identify and contribute to the development and continuous improvement of standard procedures (e.g. SOPs, ISO procedures).
- Support Packaging Coatings business:
- Conduct risk assessments to determine if uses are safe.
The ideal candidate will have ideally 3 years experience in a similar role or have an R&D background in a packaging and or coatings business. Experienced in product regulations, hazard communication and product stewardship (desirable)
Will be organised with strong attention to detail, fluent written and verbal English, good interpersonal skills, working well as part of a team (essential). Ability to understand and interpret complex information and make informed decisions based on that material (essential). Ability to produce clear and comprehensive reports and make recommendations using the available data (essential). Experience of working within the framework of a quality management system (e.g ISO 9001:2008) (desirable).
Skills / Education
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with various software systems
- Awareness of applicable Chemical/Product Regulations
- An inquisitive nature and commitment to understanding the needs of internal & external customers