Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Warrington, GB, WA3 6YD
Compensation: £45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time Permanent
Job ID: SF39882
The Senior Engineer manages the delivery of engineering and technical activities, through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
Who are we looking for?
At this level; an experienced engineer, high level of developed knowledge in a specialist subject area, resolves specific technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, provides, reviews and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements. Coaches, mentors and assists others on matters pertaining to their own discipline, developing business awareness, builds strong working relationships with stakeholders, works independently with limited technical direction or as part of a small team.
What will you be doing?
This is the level for an experienced engineer working with a high level of developed knowledge in a specialist subject area; you are directly accountable for designs, developments and determines solutions to problems and issues within a specialist subject area.
You should be able to work on a range of engineering problems involving high levels of complexity & uncertainty. You will provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
You must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
The experience you'll bring
* Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
* Chartered Engineer status (or actively working toward Chartered Status)
* Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types
* Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities
Good communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
* Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
* Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full
* Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
* Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 14th January 2022