Manpower is currently looking for Business Support Assistant to work with our client based in Leeds.
Full time work
Pay rate: £10.67 per hour
Do you have experience of managing diaries, arranging meetings and dealing with enquiries? Do you have organisational skills to ensure the efficient working of an office?
We are looking for a highly self-motivated and flexible individual with enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude to work within the Deputy Chief Operating Officer's support team.
Working as part of a small team, but with a cross university focus, you will provide administrative support to the Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Operations Director, working closely with the Business Support Manager and Deputy Chief Operating Officer's PA. A key part of this role will be diary management - prioritising and arranging meetings and ensuring both the Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Operations Director are fully prepared for meetings. You will need strong administrative and communication skills together with a tactful and diplomatic approach. The ability to turn tasks around quickly with high attention to detail is essential. You should have an organised and flexible approach.
What does the role entail?
As Business Support Assistant your main duties will include:
- Working as part of a small, effective and pro-active team to ensure the Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Operations Director receive the highest level of support at all times;
- Supporting the Business Support Manager and Deputy Chief Operating Officer's PA in all aspects of their roles to ensure the Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Operations Director can work as efficiently as possible;
- Extensive electronic diary management across multiple diaries, including planning and organising meetings, reprioritising diaries (e.g. to accommodate urgent meeting requests), with guidance from the Deputy Chief Operating Officer's PA;
- Initiating effective diary forward planning with guidance from the Deputy Chief Operating Officer's PA;
- Arranging travel, accommodation, car parking and catering;
- Servicing meetings where required, including assisting in agenda setting/preparation, circulation of papers, and taking responsibility for minutes, accurate action capture and appropriate follow up to ensure completion;
- Providing administrative support to enable the team to deliver priorities by relevant deadlines, including background research, designing and preparing documents, reports, communications and other materials using information from a variety of sources;
- Developing robust and effective administration systems to achieve a high quality, efficient and consistent service, including the preparation of operating procedures, maintaining MS Teams sites and Outlook distribution lists;
- Assisting with the maintenance of financial records for the team and expense claims;
- Assisting with the planning and organisation of events, including workshops and away days, and on the day support;
- Monitoring and maintaining office supplies, initiating and processing purchase orders and invoices, maintaining leave calendars, and accurate office record-keeping for the team;
- Providing cross cover for administrative colleagues at times of peaks in workload and absence/annual leave.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
What will you bring to the role?
As Business Support Assistant in this role, you will have:
- Experience of electronic diary management and co-ordinating busy diaries to plan and organise meetings;
- An organised but thorough, flexible and proactive approach to work, with experience of dealing with urgent tasks and managing a busy workload with competing priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to deliver high quality, accurate work, presenting information clearly and concisely;
- Experience of using your initiative to solve problems, discover information and quickly resolve issues;
- Experience of working independently with minimal supervision, following instructions, and knowing when to refer matters to other members of the team;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels across a large and complex organisation;
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information and a tactful and diplomatic approach;
- Experience of organising meetings and producing agendas and minutes;
- Experience of working collaboratively as part of a team and supporting colleagues to deliver their priorities;
- Experience and confidence using, Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, SharePoint or similar office software.
You may also have:
- Experience of using systems such as SAP and placing purchase orders;
- Experience of booking travel