Job Title: HVAC Technical Issue Project Engineer
Location: Hinkley Point C (Bridgwater) + Home working
Compensation: Salary up to £75,000 inclusive of allowance
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: SF40064
Brilliant opportunity to work as part of the MEH Alliance on the prestigious Hinkley Point C Nuclear project. The alliance work across the project to integrate and coordinate the delivery of all main MEH, cabling and associated support services. This innovative approach will help different contractors work as a single entity to deliver the complex installation of cabling and pipework in the power station's 2,500 rooms.
Who we are looking for?
As a HVAC Technical Issue Project Engineer, we are looking for someone that can solve technical issues in relation to the design of HVAC systems. We require someone that can support the design delivery process and identify and assess risks that can affect the MEH programme delivery.
Candidates that have worked in a nuclear environment are ideal however this is not a prerequisite.
What will you be doing?
* Working as part of the HVAC team
* Assisting with the delivery of the design, procurement and manufacture of HVAC systems
* Focus on the design and manufacture of the ductwork
* Technical support for suppliers
* Reviewing and accepting technical documentation
The experience you'll bring
* HNC or equivalent in HVAC / Building Services
* Ideally experience in nuclear HVAC systems or equivalent
* Working knowledge of codes and standards
* Be able to solve technical issues in relation to HVAC design
* Will need to have or be able to obtain necessary security clearance
What we can offer
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Travel and accommodation allowance (if qualify)
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Hinkley Point C
HPC is the first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C in Somerset will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes, create thousands of jobs and bring lasting benefits to the UK economy.
Construction and operation of Hinkley Point C will create 25,000 employment opportunities, up to 1,000 apprenticeships and 64% of the project's construction value is predicted to go to UK companies
Marking a significant milestone in the revitalisation of our nuclear power industry, Hinkley Point C will make a major contribution to the UK's move to reduce carbon emissions. The electricity generated by its two EPR reactors will offset 9 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions a year, or 600 million tonnes over its 60-year lifespan.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.