Job Title: Mechanical Test Engineer (Commissioning Group)
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: up to £38,319.00 depending on experience + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 40128
We have an exciting opportunity available where you'll conduct submarine commissioning and testing tasks safely, on time, to specification and within an agreed budget.
Who we are looking for?We are looking for a Mechanical Test Engineer who will conduct commissioning activities including testing, calibration, diagnostics and defect rectifications, whilst maintaining safety, time and specification requirements. Ensuring close liaison with all key stake holders throughout. Also researching specifications and compiling test documentation. What will you be doing?
- Successful conduct of Submarine Commissioning, Testing and Calibration activities.
- Assist the Senior Test Engineers in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of the Test Engineers.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's cost, time and quality requirements.
- Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the Commissioning Group area of the business ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
- Ensure that adequate Suitably Qualified and Experienced resource and equipment is available to conduct Commissioning and test activities in accordance with the Clyde Safety Management Arrangements.
- Manage and conduct Commissioning and testing work in accordance with the Clyde Safety Management Arrangements.
The experience you'll bring
Significant experience of working with propulsion and ships systems within a submarine operation, maintenance or commissioning environment. Ideally gained within a Naval Marine, Offshore or Power Generation environment.
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or HNC with demonstrable experience in a relevant engineering discipline (Or relevant equivalence).
- Knowledge of high energy systems found within a safety critical environment with a strong focus on the application of Health & Safety principles to all work undertaken.
- Competent user of IT systems including ERP, database and MS office software.
- Ability to work to a consistently high standard within a fast moving, high pressure environment.
- Good planning, organising and management skills. Along with effective communication skills and competence in stakeholder and relationship management.
- You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
What a role with Babcock offers?
Generous holiday entitlementPension PlanShare Ownership SchemeAccess to make a difference for a sustainable environment for futureA tailored personal development and training programme.Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About BabcockFor more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location. Armed Forces CovenantWe are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 19th January 2022