Technical Quality Documentation Manager (TQDM)
Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £27,145 + Benefits
Full Time / Permanent Position
A process driven individual managing all company document management due processes.
Who we are looking for?
You will have good attention to detail, will be methodical & logical thinking as well as being good at problem-solving
What will you be doing?
* The TQDM will be the focal point for Due Process activities, managing the suitable delivery of document packages through Due Process, liaising with sponsors, authors, reviewers, approvers, IPR and Safety Committees to ensure compliance and assist in the resolution of issues.
* This role has a specific responsibility for aspects of the Verification Process, to include: administrating Verification Management Meetings, issuing documents iaw Verification Plans, completing Reference Reviews and tracking Verifications through to close out.
* TQDM also delivers support to the Configuration Engineers and will provision the facilitation, hazard protection and retrieval of key configuration items e.g. Change Requests, Forward Action Plans & Technical Queries.
The experience you'll bring
You will need document management experience in a regulated environment. You will also need to be qualified to an NVQ Level 3 at the minimum.
We would also like you to have the following:
- An understanding of relational database methodology would be advantageous.
- Have the ability to prioritise, and work on your own initiative with a flexible attitude.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Vault, Microsoft Office, Access and SharePoint is desirable.
- To succeed in this role you will be diligent with documentation and ensure compliance with processes.
- You will have a keen eye for detail, possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
Lastly, you will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing date: 7th January 2022