Job Title: Reliability Engineer
Compensation: £37,165 - £41,710 + pension (up to 8% matched) + 25 days holiday
Role Type: Full time, permanent
Job ID: SF41147
Have you ever considered how the components, systems and interfaces are managed through operational life in the most complex man-made engineering asset in use by the Royal Navy today? Here at Babcock International, we are looking to recruit a Reliability Engineer to join our skilled In Service Engineering team working within our Naval Nuclear Business Unit based in Bristol.
Who we are looking for?
As a Reliability Engineer, you will be talented and meticulous with a strong Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) background to join our In Service Engineering Team. You will manage complex assets on a daily basis by undertaking activities that underpin their safe maintenance and operation. This includes engineering analysis to support all sectors within the Babcock team to inform planning, monitoring and control of maintenance. You'll be adaptable and won't be phased by changing priorities, actively seeking new knowledge, tools, and technologies to take us forward into the future.
What will you be doing?
* Responsible for the comprehensive review of Royal Navy submarine maintenance schedules, assessment of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) studies, and identification and resolution of issues.
* Responsible for conducting Availability, Reliability and Maintainability analysis on Royal Navy submarine systems and equipment in order to improve operational performance.
* Work closely with design and equipment authorities within the MoD and the wider community to review, update and streamline the Royal Navy submarine maintenance programme.
The experience you'll bring
You should have the ability to understand and deliver technical requirements. The ability to manage projects and tasks in a constantly shifting environment including the delivery of tasks on time, within budget and meeting customer quality standards.
Have a familiarity with commercial (including sub-contract) processes. Be IT competent including extensive use of MS Office and project management tools.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Proficient in the use of appropriate Project Management & IT tools (especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio).
* Foundation Degree in a relevant STEM discipline; or
* Qualified to HND/BTEC Level 5 in a relevant STEM discipline may be acceptable augmented by experience in a relevant engineering field.
* Incorporated Engineer, or working towards registration with an appropriate engineering institution.
What a role with Babcock offers
We believe in creating an inclusive working environment based on dignity and respect, bringing together individuals from many different backgrounds to give us fresh perspectives and new ideas whilst working towards giving back to the environment to build a sustainable future.
* 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + flexible working (which includes the opportunity to work from home where suitable).
* Pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary
* Employee Share plan
* Autonomy, trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 2 weeks special paid leave.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 18/01/22