Senior Project Manager
Remote working with travel to Corsham 3 days per week
Up to £60,000 + 15% Bonus
Babcock have been awarded a 9 year, £110 million contract named DSRS (Defence Strategic Radio Service) which uses the Earth's ionosphere, part of the upper atmosphere, to allow radio signals to be sent and received across thousands of kilometers. This allows communications to be rapidly delivered across a variety of domains to service personnel, regardless of whether they are on land, in the air or at sea.
Due to this win we are now looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to collaborate with the MoD, understanding their requirements and working with our SME's to create effective solutions to their needs.
You'll develop our relationship with the customer, managing the processes and activities necessary to embed a collaborative approach to the delivery of DSRS between Babcock and the Authority.
As the Senior Project Manager you'll be responsible for creating and maintaining the stakeholder engagement plan, liaising with key team members as required to ensure all requirements of the project are taken into account.
Although this is working within the defence industry we welcome applications from all technical account management backgrounds including but not limited to Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Nuclear, Telecoms, Software and Construction.
What will you be doing?
- The effective management of planned DSRS system and service changes.
* Managing the processes and activities necessary to embed a collaborative approach to the delivery of DSRS between Babcock and the Authority
* Working with the DSRS Operations Team to deploy new systems and services into operation.
* Implementing a rigorous framework for evaluating system/service capabilities and risk profiles before release and deployment.
* Facilitating and ensuring timely, open and honest dialogue across all stakeholders.
The experience you'll bring
You'll be someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally. You'll navigate change easily and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
* Extensive relationship management experience including exposure to senior stakeholders.
* Knowledge of and compliance with the Health and Safety policy and regulations consistent with level of responsibility.
* Ideally have experience working within a technical industry.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock Mission Systems
Mission Systems forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. As a trusted provider for global defence & security, we have a wide portfolio of best in class technical solutions that enable our customers to carry out their missions. It's a really exciting and fast paced business carrying out a diverse range of activities. Mission Systems employs over 1,200 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth and Ashchurch.
The Critical Communications Business Unit is over 200 personnel strong with in excess of 70% skilled Engineering staff. We have an ever increasing portfolio of opportunities and an ambition for success and to grow. We also embrace the multitude of internal employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within our Babcock team, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential. Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy amplifies their influence.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.