Our client, one of the UK's leading Energy providers is looking to recruit an experieced PSO candidate - working with Programmes and Teams within the Nuclear Generation and Nuclear Decommissioning businesses, this individual will be responsible for providing 'project' support to assist in the delivery of complex portfolios of technical engineering works and for providing management information to support decision-making processes.
The PSO provides support to those managing packages of work including navigating a variety of business processes & systems and liaising with appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
The support includes but is not limited to:
- managing external budgets during the year, making changes where needed,
- raising orders for the spending of monies on goods and services,
- ensuring that goods receipts (accruals) are in place,
- acting as point of guidance for the internal Demand Planning process and changes to levels of internal resource arising from this,
- liaising with stakeholders across this business to ensure adherence to processes and ensure integrity of data in systems,
- having a questioning attitude and problem solving to ensure good control over packages of work,
- providing management information and insight from analysis of the data.
- input at progress meetings to provide supporting information to those managing the packages of work.
- Ad-hoc support, in line with business need.
- Previous experience of providing high quality proactive support to others in a business environment.
- Strong numerical skills, able to interrogate, analyse and report data.
- Good experience of Microsoft Office software in general, must include some experience in the use of excel for reporting and analysis.
- Financial knowledge and experience of working in a large organisation is useful but not essential.
- Pro-active with a healthy questioning attitude.
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks to deadline.
- Ability to work on own initiative, identify problems and solve them to drive performance improvements.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills, able to actively build and develop strong working relationships across a variety of diverse teams.
- Good attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for provision of high quality support to others.
- Excellent team player with strong ability for collaborative working.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new processes and tools quickly.
- Flexible, adaptable and speedily reactive to urgent situations.
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary ongoing basis with scope for extension. Our client are operating a Hybrid working model, therefore the need to be onsite a number of days a week is essential but there is scope to WFH. You will be expected to undertake a drugs and alcohol test as well as be security checked to BPSS and CTC Level.
Key Benefits working with Manpower:
- 36 days holiday accrual (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Access to client facilities onsite
- Access to Manpower's online training platform 'powerYOU', giving you access to hundreds of online training courses
- Opportunity to be selected for additional upskilling and career support through Manpower's MyPath programme
- Dedicated Manpower Account Specialist to provide support during your assignment