BMW Apprentice Technical Trainer/Assessor
Location: Reading, Berkshire, GB, RG7 3AE
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Full Time / Permanent Position
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International delivering, designing, developing and maintaining training in support of Babcock training operations to achieve agreed training targets working across the Academy. Proactively identify and implement opportunities to add value to the customer and our business.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a flexible, adaptable and highly motivated individual with the ability to motivate others. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, approach all tasks with a positive and solution focused attitude as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
What will you be doing?
As a Trainer/Assessor you will play a key role working as part of the Academy team, ensuring high levels of service across the Academy as a whole are maintained. You will be prepared to work across all training design and delivery facets of the Academy and the wider Babcock.
Your other duties will include:
* Delivering, designing, developing and maintaining training programmes.
* Liaising in partnership with the Customer to identify training needs within the BMW Network.
* Responding to changing customer needs by providing timely and effective training solutions.
* Supporting the Academy team in meeting Babcock objectives, KPIs and contract SLAs.
* Working in partnership with Assessor Coaches, Trainers and Assessors to deliver effective training.
* Proactively market courses/events to potential delegates and Retailers.
* Where courses require certification, ensuring that the relevant certificates are produced and sent to delegates working with the Academy Training Advisor to achieve this.
The experience you'll bring
You must have or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance
You will also need:
* Extensive Motor Industry knowledge and practical experience.
* Level 3 motor vehicle qualification is a must.
* Relevant SME qualifications.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft standard packages, e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* A teaching qualification at level 3, an assessor qualification or having previously worked for BMW would be desirable but not essential.
Lastly, you will need good literacy and PC skills.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
* We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing Date: 12th January 2022