Job Title: IT Security Officer
Location: Ashton, Bristol, GB, BS3 2HQ
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID SF38444
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International as an IT Security officer at our Security function within Babcock Corporate Services. Our Bristol site works mostly as part of Babcock's Defence Systems Technology area, which is growing with lots of exciting projects.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for you to have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire the team to success, be able to command the respect of the business and communication at all levels and take accountability, owning and delivering improvement whilst putting the customer / accreditors as the centre of focus and works to understand and deliver on behalf of the customer.
What will you be doing?
As an IT Security Officer you will be reporting to the Lead IT Security Officer and you will ensure all IT Security policy and process is applied across the Bristol site.
Your duties will include:
- Providing IT security support to business functions for IT infrastructure and standalone environments
- Working with local teams and supporting the business in ensuring IT Security / SAL / Trade controls contractual requirements are met
- Acting as the local interface / escalation point of contact for customers and key stakeholders (internal & external) regarding IT Security matters
- Raising, investigating and managing IT security incidents ensuring any necessary follow up actions
- Providing IT security support to risk owners including SIRO, IAOs etc
- Establishing and maintaining beneficial and effective customer relationships as well as providing timely and effective communications
The experience you'll bring
- Must have or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
- Have the ability to travel between sites where necessary
- Relevant hands on IT security experience as either an officer or analyst with a good understanding of Data Protection and Trade controls
- Proven relevant experience in working with and developing HMG accredited environments and risk assessments
- Preferred (but not essential) understanding of SPF, JSP440 and other Industry and MoD best practice publications and other business partner's processes
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 13th January 2022