An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Due to the product being manufactured is food this business is continuing to manufacture. Our client, a blue-chip company, responsible for the manufacture of Walls Ice Cream, Carte d'or & Magnum, are currently looking to recruit Production Operatives in Gloucester. This is a full-time temporary role with the potential to become Permanent for the right candidates. Paying £9.50 P/H Pre-Parity and £13.81 P/H Parity, working 12-hour shifts day and nights Monday to Friday 24/5. Some candidates will have the option to go onto the 4 on 4 off position 24/7, paying at £11.14ph, rising to £16.19 after 12 weeks.
These roles have no set end date and there could be permanent opportunities with the company should vacancies become available. Potentially you may be moved on to the 4 on 4 off shift pattern, this will include weekends and will go up to £16.19 per hour at parity.
The ideal candidate for this role will have proven experience in a Manufacturing/Production role, preferably within the food industry, and a good standard of written and communicative English.
Your main duties will include:
- Running machinery/equipment to meet targets in a fast paced environment
- Quality checking the product
- Collecting data from the line and recording it accurately
- Ensuring the production area meets strict hygiene standards
- Packaging the product
- Acting safely and within the site rules at all times
- You should be flexible, quality conscious, and have the ability to problem solve. You will be able to communicate with others effectively and work well within a team.
**You will be required to attend a 1 day induction, during which you will be assessed on health and safety, quality checking and hygiene. You will need to pass these assessments before you are able to start.**