My Client is currently looking for a Transport Planning Co-ordinator to support their busy site based within Peterborough.
Purpose of position:
- To meet all customer/ haulier requirements in the most cost-effective manner whilst achieving a high level of customer service.
- To provide customers/hauliers with a quality service for all enquiries, prices, invoicing, payments, rebates and other associated administration.
- To be multi- skilled for tasks within the Planning Department
- To answer incoming calls to the office quickly, politely and professionally.
- Be fully responsible for calculating costings and processing payments accurately
- Process and manage orders â€" efficiently and accurately
- Work alongside the planning team clearing loads
- Proactive calls to hauliers to Sub-contract work
- Review, Cleanse and Input Data accurately
- Uphold customer charter and agreed KPIâ€™s
- Excellent diplomatic communication and negotiation skills at all levels
- High level of initiative and proactive skills required
- To input data accurately and efficiently
- To act as the first point of contact for customer/haulier enquiries.
- To be fully responsible for calculating costs and processing payments
- To be able to resolve customer queries and respond to enquiries
- To manage problems in a calm professional manner
- To deliver a professional service to our customer base
- Strong computer literacy and skills
- Ability to prioritise and make decisions, as well as problem solve
- Good communicator and team player at all levels
- Geographical knowledge
- Flexible, positive, proactive and committed approach to meet work demand
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of transport legislation
The role holder is expected:
- To comply with all aspects of company's Compliance Policy
- To ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- To update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- To comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
Education / Qualifications:
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word and Outlook
- Good Numeracy and literacy Skills
- Understanding of Working Time Directive
If you think this role is for you. Apply below!