Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager
Bristol Hub - WFH, with travel to DRDL (Devonport) and Leicester
About the role
Babcock International are looking for a new Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to start work on our exciting design and manufacture projects based across the UK. In this role you will be required to use a hands-on approach providing strong leadership and guidance to the Mission Systems FP&A team ensuring management information is collected and reported correctly. Moreover, this will see you become an integral role in the understanding and support of SSRO requirements. Other key responsibilities include overseeing tasks such as the annual budget and monthly forecasting processes for the value stream, as well as leading on-site based customer audits, including rate claims and negotiations.
What do I need to do the role?
You will need a professional finance qualification - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
Also; Excellent Excel Modelling Skills (crucial)
We would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas: Knowledge of Mission Systems business, Babcock organisation or experience in similar defence organization (desirable)
Lastly, you'll need willingness to travel if and when required to the deliver outputs of the role
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the Mission Systems monthly reporting processes, including accounts preparation for various reporting entities, incl. overseas businesses, and value stream analysis
- Supporting the Sector finance transformation agenda, encouraging best practice across the whole function
- Support Head of Accounting & Controls when required, incl. but not limited to external audit processes
- Supporting Head of FP&A and other stakeholders when required
- Providing a drive for improvement and questioning status quo
- Assisting talent development within the team
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants:
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.