Job Title: Senior EC&I Engineer
Compensation: £45,000 - £55,000
Role Type: Full time, Permanent
Job ID: SF 40679
This is an exciting opportunity to join Cavendish Nuclear as a Senior EC&I Engineer. We are part of the FTSE 250 defence and engineering global organisation Babcock International and are based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas. Our business continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace; as a result, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and driven Senior EC&I Engineer to work on structural development projects as part of our contract with AWE.
Who we are looking for?
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking for a Senior EC&I Engineer to join the team to support the delivery of our contract with AWE. We are looking for an experienced engineer that has a high level of developed knowledge to support on a range of projects across the nuclear lifecycle.
Working closely with major clients in the nuclear sector, you will have the ability to provide engineering conceptual and detailed design, drawings, calculations, and technical solutions in the delivery of customer funded tasks and projects.
What will you be doing?
You will responsibilities will include:
- Producing, reviewing and approving calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design basis documentation and technical reports as assigned.
- Evaluating technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements.
- Providing support to the Project Manager for the planning, control and delivery of tasks and projects.
- Ensuring procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical reports as assigned.
- This role is remote based however you may be required to travel to site for project meetings or inspections.
The experience you'll bring
- An Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification).
- Nuclear industry experience is highly desirable
- Experience of working collaboratively in a multi-discipline team.
- Design experience (Optioneering ,interlock, safety requirements etc).
- Have experience covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities, including sub-contract management experience.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines.
You must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 28th Jan 2022